⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard name grammar

From: Robert Muetzelfeldt <r.muetzelfeldt>
Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 21:33:40 +0100

This looks very impressive, Jonathan. I hope it helps to bring about a
shift away from long atomic standard names.

You refer to my earlier work on this topic. For anyone interested, here
are links to my two relevant postings on the [CF-metadata] list:

28 Oct 2008: Re: [CF-metadata] a different (but perhaps unoriginal)
approach to standard name construction
http://mailman.cgd.ucar.edu/pipermail/cf-metadata/2008/002511.html

2 Nov 2008: [CF-metadata] A grammar for Standard Names
http://mailman.cgd.ucar.edu/pipermail/cf-metadata/2008/002518.html

The first of these two postings points to a web page which contains some
more details of one approach I used, at
http://envarml.pbworks.com/Prototype+grammar+for+CF-metadata+"standard+names"
<http://envarml.pbworks.com/Prototype+grammar+for+CF-metadata+%22standard+names%22>
along with the grammar itself (in XSugar format).

I subsequently replicated the same exercise using Prolog's grammar
notation, though this has not been written up. I'm happy to provide
details on request.

Best wishes,
Robert