⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Separating geolocation/timing co-ordinates from measurement data

From: Stephen Emsley <SEmsley>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 16:45:09 +0100

Dear Jonathan

They are DEM corrected geodetic latitude, longitude, and altitude spatial co-ordinates as 2D arrays (n_pixels within swatch x n_lines in product) and measurement time as a 1D array (n_lines). So despite the naming the spatial co-ordinates are not Unidata ... and I assume will have to be renamed.

The reason I asked is that I noted the discussion (swatch observational data >> multiple file datasets) last year but on re-reading the was uncertain whether this was work in progress or to be included when the next version of the convention is released.

>From your, V.Balaji's and John Caron's response I guess that this is still under discussion.

Many thanks for your help. I will follow up on the suggestions.

Kind Regards
Steve

--