⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] handling climatological bounds in CF

From: Upendra Dadi <Upendra.Dadi>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:47:41 -0400

Hello,
 I am trying to create a CF compliant NetCDF containing climatological
statistics. The data consists of monthly means of a certain parameter
which is calculated from data which starts on 1773-1-13 and ends on
2001-6-29. How do I represent this information using climatology
variable ? The examples in the documentation don't tell how to represent
this information. All the examples in the documentation have their
climatological bounds which start and end exactly at the start date and
end date of the climatology intervals. But in general this is not the
case. Climatology variable tries to represent more than one piece
information in a single variable - the climatology intervals(day, month,
season,etc.) and the actual bounds (start date and end date). I am not
sure if this is the reason for the problem.

Also, is there any significance to year in the time variable when
representing climatological information? Or can I start from any year?

Any help is appreciated.

Upendra