⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CMIP5 ocean biogeochemistry standard names

From: Lowry, Roy K <rkl>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 14:14:53 +0100

Hi Alison,

John's response got buried in my 'todo' pile. His 'flexible' definition almost works for me, but I would prefer to take 2um (the definition of field taxonomists) as the default, giving a definition like:

'Picophytoplankton are the smallest size class of phytoplankton with a maximum size of 2um for observational data and some models. Other models may specify the upper limit elsewhere in the range 2-5 um, in which case the actual upper limit used should be specified.'

Whether this specification should be done through the long name or a scalar co-ordinate variable as John suggests is something I'm not sure about. Anybody any preferences?

Cheers, Roy.