⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] ensemble dimension

From: Seth McGinnis <mcginnis>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 17:59:56 -0600

This may be complicating the issue more than resolving it, but how about in
some way applying the ensemble dimension to the CF global attributes for source
and institution, rather than transplanting the information into auxiliary
coordinates?

It could also be done for the global history attribute, which carries a lot of
provenance information. If we're talking about ensemble files with data
compiled from many different sources, it would be nice to be able to
incorporate the history associated with each member of the ensemble, rather
than just having data about the creation of the ensemble itself.

It may not be technically feasible to apply a dimension to a global attribute
per se, but I think something that aims in that general direction would have a
lot of benefits.

--Seth

Seth McGinnis
Associate Scientist