⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] water level with/without datum

From: olivier lauret <olauret>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 14:03:26 +0100

Hi all,

When I reread my previous mail, I found it was very confused and also looked not nice with previous contributions like Roy's: it was not my intentions, sorry for that. Writing things too fast causes muddled and blurred discourse!

If we consider the last proposal from Seth, does that mean that we could have two different possibilities for the same standard name?

If yes, I am afraid we could raise a situation where one would have collocated satellite data to compare with in-situ data and:

- In the satellite dataset, CF attribute would be sea_surface_height_above_..

- In the in-situ dataset, CF attribute would be water_body_surface_height_above..

?

(Or perhaps I haven't well understood)

Olivier