⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] water level with/without datum

From: Lowry, Roy K <rkl>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 07:57:14 +0000

Hi Jeff,

(1) I like 'station_datum' and definitely prefer 'above_station_datum' to 'water_level_relative_to_station_datum'.

(2) I was arguing against including datum references in the Standard Name (though that might not have bee clear!) by pointing out how many we have. If we go with a generic 'above_reference_datum', what is the preferred mechanism for documenting which on it is in CF?

(3) There was a lot of debate in the Compass project domain expert workshops about a term to encompass oceans, seas, rivers and lakes. The conclusion was 'water_body'.

Cheers, Roy.