⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] seeking CF name for total water column height

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 18:43:18 +0000

Dear John

Yes, good suggestion, we could adopt a new pattern vertical_distance_between_X
and_Y for cases where "thickness" sounds peculiar.

Aliases are really intended for cases where we make mistakes or change our
minds, rather than to provide synonyms deliberately. We've preferred to force
ourselves to agree where possible on a minimal vocabulary.