⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Swath observational data

From: Thomas Lavergne <thomasl>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 12:59:12 +0000 (UTC)

Dear all,

This is a good very good idea and I hope I will be able to participate.

May I point out that:

1) swath data should be able to include non-scanning instruments (conical sensors like SSM/I, AMSR-E, etc...) so that along-track/cross-track might be better than along-track/along-scan.

2) The terminology "swath data" might be unfortunate to start from since instruments on board GEO (Geostationary Earth Orbits) satellites are excluded right from the start, while some (most?) of the definitions (FOV,time integration of photon counts,etc...) are shared.

Cheers,
Thomas