⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names for geomorphological variables

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 08:27:37 +0000

Dear Emanuele

It is likely that you will want to propose some new standard names for
geomorphological quantities, since that is a new use for CF. Looking through
the existing standard name table and the guidelines for construction of
standard names should help with constructing names that are consistent in form
with existing names. When you are ready, you are most welcome to propose new
names to this email list, where we debate new proposals. I agree that the
quantities you mention don't have existing standard names, except for
surface_altitude i.e. elevation above geoid.

Cheers

Jonathan