⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Sea water transparency and reflectance.

From: olivier lauret <olauret>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 16:38:25 +0200

Dear Jonathan,

*About reflectance, the quantity that is usually provided in ocean colour products is the bidirectional reflectance; albedo is of the same nature than reflectance, except that it is integrated on all directions.

In CF there is 'toa_bidirectional_reflectance', which is quite closed to the quantity we are looking for. [Philippe and ocean colour people, of course please tell me if I'm wrong]

Then I would suggest to turn my first proposal into 'surface_bidirectional_spectral_reflectance': with "surface" instead of "toa", and adding "spectral" because this field is provided at several wavelengths. Do you agree?

**About Secchi disk

Yes the intention is primary to provide the depth in meters. So I'd prefer something closed to your second suggestion, like "secchi_depth_of_sea_water".

Best regards,

Olivier.