⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard name for peak wave period

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 09:29:24 +0100

Dear Jenny

> sea_surface_wave_period_at_variance_spectral_density_maximum sounds good to me.
So that's a definite proposal, which Alison will consider I expect when she
has a moment. Meanwhile I expect you could carry on and use it.

> I'm not sure what "mean" refers to. I only work with the 2nd moment and peak period model outputs.
I think it might be sensible to consider deleting "mean" in those existing
names, unless someone can remind us what it indicates - the definitions don't
suggest to mean why "mean" is useful in that context.

Cheers

Jonathan