⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard name for peak wave period

From: Brown, Jennifer <jebro>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:38:53 +0100

Hi,

 I've been through the standard names table and although there are many wave period names there is not one for the peak period (Tp). I think this would be useful since most wave buoys and models provide this data.

Would it be possible to create a new standard name? such as:

sea_surface_wave_peak_period units: s
A period is an interval of time, or the time-period of an oscillation. The peak wave period is the period of the most energetic waves in the total wave spectrum at a specific point.

Cheers,
Jenny

Dr Jenny Brown
Proudman Oceanographic Laboratory