⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] instruments in standard names/CF

From: Lynnes, Christopher S. <christopher.s.lynnes>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 14:42:10 -0500

I did not mean to argue for putting all that metadata into CF-1; I was simply responding to the discussion of standard names for raw measurement predecessors to geophysical parameters. I just wanted to point out that there is a class of raw measurements that cannot be mapped to a single downstream geophysical parameter. These measurements are of interest to a segment of the modeling community, who, for better or worse, are comfortable working with CF-1 metadata (and somewhat less so with FGDC and ISO extensions).