⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names for?variables?in?'raw?engineering' units

From: Philip J. Cameronsmith1 <cameronsmith1>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:56:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I share Jonathan's concerns. I also know the value of having well
documented output.

Could both be satisfied by either:

1) Creating a new list of NON_standard_names for such purposes, with
a lower level of control and scrutiny,

or

2) Expecting the data creators to provide appropriate details for such
instrument specific variables in a comment attribute, and leaving the
standard_name blank?

Both would have the advantage that the definitions could be more easily
adjusted in the future as instruments evolve.

Best wishes,

      Philip