⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names for variables?in?'raw?engineering' units

From: Lynnes, Christopher S. <christopher.s.lynnes>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 06:14:00 -0500

With the diversity of proposals being floated for raw predecessors to geophysical measurements, we should not lose sight of the fact that some raw measurements spawn many, many geophysical property measurements, particularly in the case of multi-spectral and hyperspectral remote sensing data. In these cases, for example, it would seem that the instrument name might need to be in the standard name, yes? Else how can we distinguish AIRS raw measurements from MODIS/Terra from MODIS/Aqua, etc. Unless we explicitly scope the discussion below to include only "raw measurements that are predecessor to a single geophysical property". (So far that scope seems to be implicit.)