⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard Names: sea level from tide gauge stations

From: olivier lauret <olauret>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 18:29:26 +0100

Hello Derrick,

I did not know about this SOS project on tide gauges, it's really interesting!

I remember a similar issue was raised a few month ago..
As far as I remember, the idea was that datum instance should not be supported internally, but using URIs. (for people who remember that topic, please correct me if I am telling stupid things)

One problem that I know is that usually the reference database used for datum is EPSG, and sometimes the reference you need is not provided as an EPSG code.
In the case of the reference ellipsoid, I faced this problem with Jason-2 satellite altimetry datasets..What was done is simply add some global attributes that precise 1) semi-major axis 2) flattening coefficient for reference ellipsoid.

I hope this will help you.

Best regards,

Olivier.