⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Proposal for new standard names

From: Bryan Lawrence <bryan.lawrence>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 09:33:38 +0000

HI Alejandro

I haven't read the previous thread, but I don't understand this:

> Thanks for your comment. I am afraid that any solution based only on
> metadata will not be feasible, as the filenames of the same variable
> from different sources in the CMIP5 archive will clash.

The draft filename convention for the CMIP5 archive has other components of the filename to indicate source. Are you saying that one model, in one experiment/scenario, with one time averaging, will be producing multiple variables with the same CF standard name? That seems unlikely.

Bryan

--
Bryan Lawrence
Director of Environmental Archival and Associated Research