⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] X and Y projection coordinate (center vs corner)

From: Frank Hage <fhage>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:13:29 +0000

As an author of a popular weather data display I believe the standard should
describe the center point's of the data.

Both Wind barbs or vectors and contour rendering must use the true locations of the
values, not the edges of a virtual cell.

In my software only earth conformal images are treated as if they have
a true extent, all other data are considered to be valid only at the
dimensionless point in space. The users choice of rendering determines
whether the points fill the cells or are represented by some other
graphical means.

Frank Hage  fhage at ucar.edu