⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Question about cf conventions-dimensionless coordinates

From: Hand, Brian <brian.hand>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 11:33:15 -0700

I'm trying to find out some general information about cf 1.3/1.4. For the standard_name land_ice_sigma_coordinate, I wanted to know if there is a formula definition? I've run it through the compliance checker to tell me that there is no formula for the formula_terms specified. I guess I'm a little bit unclear on the dimensionless coordinates in general. It says only the ones under Appendix D? have formula definitions? Are some user defined?

Thanks,
Brian.