⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF standard names : request for statement of the issues

From: John Caron <caron>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 13:02:44 -0700

The CF Conventions committee is looking to clarify the issues surrounding CF standard names and the process for creating them. There are a number of proposals and discussions for changing or augmenting standard names, and not yet much consensus on what direction to take.

We'd like to come up with a clear statement of what standard names are (or should be), and what are the problems and issues that we should be focusing on next.

You are invited to send input to this email group, ideally as concisely as possible. You are welcome to add your ideas of possible solutions, but it would be helpful to keep those separate for now.

The CF Conventions committee will attempt to capture some kind of consensus on what the issues are, which may help clarify what solutions are possible and what still needs to be explored.

Thanks!