⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF Standard Name table: space character in standardnames

From: Pamment, JA <alison.pamment>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 10:55:13 -0000

Dear Robert,

Thank you for pointing out these occurrences of the space character.
You are quite correct that they should not be there. I will correct the
errors in the next update to the standard name table on November 11th.

Best wishes,
Alison

> I've run all the names in the CF Standard Name table
> (http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-standard-names/, v10, 21
October
> 2008) through the parser/converter-to-XML I mentioned in my previous
> posting on this list. It has picked up 5 instances of a space in the
> standard name, which I understand is not legal.
>
> The standard names concerned are:
> mole_fraction_of_chlorine[SPACE]dioxide_in_air
> mole_fraction_of_chlorine[SPACE]monoxide_in_air
> mole_fraction_of_dichlorine[SPACE]peroxide_in_air
> mole_fraction_of_hypochlorous[SPACE]acid_in_air

tendency_of_potential_energy_content_of_ocean_layer_due_to_diffusion[SP
> ACE]

------
J Alison Pamment Tel: +44 1235 778065
NCAS/British Atmospheric Data Centre Fax: +44 1235 446314
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Email: alison.pamment at stfc.ac.uk
Chilton, Didcot, OX11 0QX, U.K.
--
Scanned by iCritical.