⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF standard names for chemical constituents and aerosols

From: Christiane Textor <christiane.textor>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 19:23:23 +0100

Dear colleagues,

There is obviously a very active discussion on the best strategy to
construct new standard names for aerosols and chemicals at the CF
mailing list. Therefore, I try to summarize the current status of work
on a wiki page in order to highlight the principles and concepts we have
developed so far.

http://wiki.esipfed.org/index.php/CF_Standard_Names_-_Construction_of_Atmospheric_Chemistry_and_Aerosol_Terms

Please note that the discussions of the aerosol and chemisty names in CF
should be continued on the CF mailing list, and not on this wiki. The
wiki is only used to summarize the state of such names in CF. The
descriptions on the wiki could help to converge to the most efficient
strategy. (Please note, that Modifications of existing CF standard names
are suggested, if they do not fit in the general concepts.)

A discussion on a more general approach to standard name construction is
under discussion at the moment (Thread "a different (but perhaps
unoriginal) approach to standard name construction" launched by Karl
Taylor.)

Best regards,
Christiane

Christiane Textor
Unite Mixte de Recherche CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
LSCE/IPSL, CEA Saclay, Orme des Merisiers,
Bat. 701, Piece 3b, Point Courrier 129
F-91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex
FRANCE
mailto: christiane.textor at lsce.ipsl.fr
Tel ++33 1 69 08 34 07 Fax ++33 1 69 08 77 16
GEOmon scientific coordinator http://www.geomon.eu