⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] new standard names for ECHAM5/CLM/ERA

From: Roy Lowry <rkl>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 10:22:19 +0000

Hello Jonathan,

Just to say that I agree with you and Alison. 'upwelling_downward' conveys no meaning to me.

Cheers, Roy.

>>> Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory at reading.ac.uk> 10/23/2008 5:22 pm >>>
Dear Heinke

> > minus_one_times_toa_outgoing_shortwave_flux
> > minus_one_times_surface_upwelling_shortwave_flux_in_air
> > minus_one_times_surface_upwelling_longwave_flux_in_air
> >
> > Is this OK?
> >
> Sorry, but I don't agree.

I think this is clearer than calling them upwelling_downward and
outgoing_downward. I think most people would puzzled about what that would
mean, whereas Alison's proposals are clear, I would say.

Cheers