⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Ocean sigma coordinate

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 22:35:28 +0100

Dear Stephane

A modification of Rich's fourth way:

> 4. Propose a new dimensionless coordinate called
> "ocean_sigma_coordinate2" to the CF standards committee.

would be to propose to modify the definition of formula_terms for the ocean
sigma coordinate to allow some other keyword as an alternative to sigma,
with the meaning 1-sigma. I think that whether this is worth doing depends
on whether your alternative definition of sigma is used in other models too.

If you wish to propose a change to the conventions, you should open a new
ticket on the CF trac site, using the template for changes to the convention.
There is some info at http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/discussion/index_html.