⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] fixed sensors, depth, datum

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:27:14 +0100

Dear all

Referring to Dale's list of requirements, this is my understanding of where
we are:

> - height relative to the ellipsoid
> - height relative to the geoid
Olivier pointed out we have already agreed to add
height_above_reference_ellipsoid, and Dale reminded us that height relative
to the geoid is "altitude".

> - name of the ellipsoid
> - name of the geoid
These could be added as possible attributes to the grid_mapping variable.
That is a conventions change that would need a trac ticket to propose and
discuss.

> - altitude of (offset to) other common datums (e.g. MLLW)
Dale could propose new standard names such as altitude_of_mean_lower_low_water
and altitude_of_mean_low_water.

Cheers

Jonathan