⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] fixed sensors, depth, datum

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 08:39:07 +0100

Dear Jon

Good - I'm glad we agree about WGS84.

At the moment there isn't a way in CF to identify the geoid. It would be too
complicated to describe it as part of the metadata, I think, but it could be
named. A possible way to do this would be as an attribute in the grid_mapping
variable, I suppose. If there is no grid_mapping variable because the grid is
lat-lon and the ellipsoid doesn't need to specified, a grid_mapping variable
could still be included with grid_mapping_name="latitude_longitude".