⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Climatological months time units attributes

From: Christian Pagé <page.christian>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 11:55:18 +0200

Hello everyone,

I want to create a CF-compliant NetCDF file, but I have some problems to
understand correctly the CF convention related to climatological time axis.
What I want to do is just create a NetCDF file having 12 records, one for
each month of the year, containing a mean or an anomaly of temperature over
a particular period. Thus, it is not bound to any particular year, and using
the month time udunits has lead into trouble because it is the mean tropical
month. I would be grateful to see some examples or some links that would
point to some more information on how to define proper attributes for a
CF-compliant NetCDF file.

Best regards,

Christian