⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] attributes for min/max data values for visualization

From: Jon Blower <jdb>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 17:05:03 +0100

Dear Jonathan,

Yes, I share your concern about redundant metadata, but in this case
the attributes are providing a useful summary that would otherwise
take significant time to compute in the general case. However, one
could argue that this calculation could be done at the application
level as an "added value" step, rather than by data providers. If the
attributes are present but wrong then this could be very misleading
(like all other attributes I guess).

Yes, more views would be useful!

Cheers, Jon