⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] FW: new standard_names for variables concerningseasurface waves

From: John Graybeal <graybeal>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 08:09:43 -0700

My working hypothesis is that optimum combination of detail and generality is medium + property, e.g., sea_water_wave_frequency or sea_surface_wave_frequency. (Based on the notion that finding a bunch of frequencies is not useful to anyone, including the finder -- you have to find a sea_surface_wave_frequency to be reasonably confident you can use it for what you want.)

Somewhere I thought I read that simple properties like frequency were discouraged in CF (and in fact, many are missing). I looked but could not find this guidance -- am I remembering that incorrectly?

John