⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF-1.0 registration of new names for SST

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 23:07:48 +0000

Dear Craig

A standard name is defined for a quantity that is regarded as comparable
from different datasets even if the method of calculation differs, so I agree
if that is the case that you need a stdname for (5). However I think
 sea_surface_temperature_at_diurnal_thermocline_base
would be a much better choice of standard name than
 sea_foundation_temperature
because the former is much more informative, and the latter would be
understood by far fewer people, I suspect.

Alison moderates the discussions about standard names on this email list.