⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Need for standard name "ocean_pressure"?

From: Philip Bentley <philip.bentley>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:28:36 +0000

Hi Rich,

>From my days in the oil exploration industry I seem to recall that the
term "hydrostatic pressure" was used to describe pressure in a water
column. Which might suggest the standard name "hydrostatic_pressure".

A quick look at the definition of hydrostatic pressure on wikipedia
indicates that this quantity includes the atmospheric pressure component
too. So, while it may not be exactly what you're after, perhaps it's a
term that might usefully be added to the standard name list?

Phil