⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard name proposal for CCMVal

From: Eyring, Veronika <veronika.eyring>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 13:36:00 +0100

Dear Jonathan,

1. For chemical names, given that there is no obligation to use IUPAC
I'd prefer keeping the suggested names from 2006 WMO Ozone Assessments,
including the suggested names for CFCs
mole_fraction_of_cfc113_in_air
mole_fraction_of_cfc113a_in_air
mole_fraction_of_cfc114_in_air
mole_fraction_of_cfc115_in_air

The equivalent IUPAC names can be in the definitions, i.e. in the
standard name table at
http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-standard-names/7/cf-standard-name-table.html
The wikipedia page in my last email was the best page we could find
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorofluorocarbon#Chloro_fluoro_compounds_.28CFC.2C_HCFC.29)

Is it planned to add a Category 'Chemistry' at
http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-standard-names/7/cf-standard-name-table.html?

2. Burden: I still prefer burden over atmosphere_moles_of_X but I let
Martin reply on this one.

3. Mean age of air: I agree with Darryn and think that
'mean_age_of_stratospheric_air' is the most appropriate name to use.

Cheers,
Veronika