⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] standard names for flag/qc variables

From: Janet Scannell <anstett>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 13:04:37 -0700

I have a flag/qc variable for each variable in my netcdf file. I have
found standard names for all of the regular variables, but I couldn't
find any information on whether there are standard names for flag
variables. I saw _qc used in the section where flags_values was
discussed, but using this doesn't allow my netcdf file to pass the
cf-compliance-checker. It says that eastward_wind_qc is an invalid
standard name. Any suggestions on what to name these flag/qc variables?

Thanks,
Janet