⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] mass_fraction

From: Christiane Textor <christiane.textor>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:18:33 +0100

Bonjour,

I have copied this sentence from the CF names list:

Mass fraction is used in the construction mass_fraction_of_X_in_Y, where
X is a material constituent of Y.
It means the ratio of the mass of Y to the mass of X (including Y).

And I agree that the last sentence should be
It means the ratio of the mass of X to the mass of Y (including X).

Best regards,
Christiane

Heinke Hoeck schrieb:
> mass_fraction description:
>
> Mass fraction is used in the construction mass_fraction_of_X_in_Y,
> where X is a material constituent of Y. It means the ratio of the
> mass of Y to the mass of X (including Y).
>
> Please check carefully the occurrence X and Y in the last sentence.
> Shouldn't it read:
> 'It means the ratio of the
> mass of X to the mass of Y (including X).'
>
> Best regards
> Heinke

Christiane Textor
Unite Mixte de Recherche CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
LSCE/IPSL, CEA Saclay, Orme des Merisiers,
Bat. 701, Piece 3b, Point Courrier 129
F-91191 Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex
FRANCE
mailto: christiane.textor at lsce.ipsl.fr
Tel ++33 1 69 08 34 07 Fax ++33 1 69 08 77 16
GEOMON scientific project manager http://www.geomon.eu