⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] [CF Metadata] #8: Identifying horizontal coordinate variables using the axis attribute

From: Dominic Lowe <d.lowe>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:29:29 +0000

Hi,

I'm an occasional reader of this list. I appreciate this ticket has now closed
but I've just read the archive and I am very interested as to why this
discussion has been limited to identifying only horizontal coordinate
variables, and does not include the identification of vertical coordinate
variables (Z).

It strikes me this would be very useful and would require minimal overhead to
add to the recommendation.

Is there any obvious (or otherwise) reason why an axis attribute should not be
required for all vertical coordinate variables?

Apologies for replying off-Trac, but I don't think I'm registered on the CF
system (I'm happy to register if that helps).

Regards,

Dominic Lowe

British Atmospheric Data Centre