⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] example of rotated pole

From: John Caron <caron>
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 09:10:29 -0600

The docs on Rotated pole grid mapping could probably use some clarification heres whats there:

------------------

Example F.6. Rotated pole

grid_mapping_name = rotated_latitude_longitude
Map parameters:

        * grid_north_pole_latitude
        * grid_north_pole_longitude
        * north_pole_grid_longitude - This parameter is option (default is 0).

Map coordinates:

    The rotated latitude and longitude coordinates are identified by the standard_name attribute values grid_latitude and grid_longitude respectively.

Notes:

Theres no explanation of the parameters, nor a reference. The 3rd (north_pole_grid_longitude) is particularly obscure. I also see a type in section 5.6. Can anyone point me to a reference describing this projection?