⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard Names Status Update

From: Pamment, JA <J.A.Pamment>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 16:07:41 +0100

Dear All,

I will be on leave until August 6th and I will then be working reduced
hours until September 6th due to school holidays in the UK. There are
currently a number of open standard names discussions which I will pick
up again when I get back from leave. If you think I have missed
anything from the list please let me know.

Best wishes,
Alison

1. Aerosols and chemistry thread.
The majority of the tendency names are now agreed and will be included
in the next update to the standard name table. There are current
discussions on mercury species, aerosol optical thickness and the design
of standard names for new chemical species.

2. New names for SST.
Currently under discussion.

3. Standard names for sea ice with qualifier.
There was a brief discussion of these. Further discussion will be
needed when we have a proposal for describing sub-grid scale variability
(the "where" question).

4. Hoeck/Stockhause standard names.
Some of these were included in the last update of the table. A few of
these names will need to be decided when we have the sub-grid
variability proposal. Need to check definition of snow evaporation
name.

5. Statistic indices.
This thread was suspended pending discussions at the G0-ESSP meeting.
It has been agreed that the thread will be resumed in August.

6. Ensembles proposal. Not really a standard names issue but I have
been working on bringing this proposal back to the trac system. It is
now in a fairly advanced state of preparation and will be submitted
during August.

------
Alison Pamment Tel: +44 1235 778065
NCAS/British Atmospheric Data Centre Fax: +44 1235 446314
Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Email: J.A.Pamment at rl.ac.uk
Chilton, Didcot, OX11 0QX, U.K.