⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF-1.0 registration of new names for SST

From: Olivier Lauret <olauret>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 17:37:06 +0200

Dear all,

A few weeks ago a new topic was proposed about standard names for sea
surface temperature data sets, I'm a little bit disappointed since I
haven't read anything about it..In the e-mail I got, it was suggested to
introduce some new standards names like "Sub-skin_SST" or "skin_layer_SST",
and I personnaly agree in principle with this idea (it allows to
distinguish microwave and infrared SST)..Did something happen on this
discussion on some other mailing-lists?

Thank you

Kind regards

Olivier.
Le 09:16 28/06/2007,Bryan Lawrence ?crit:

>Hi Craig
>
>There are two key steps to getting your proposals into CF. The first is to
>actually propose them, and the second is to take part in the discussion. Both
>happen on the cf mailing list.
>(cf-metadata at cgd.ucar.edu, register at
>
>I've copied this email to the mailing list, so we've achieved the first
>step, but you'll need to register so you can guide them through any ensuing
>discussion.
>
>Cheers
>Bryan
>
>On Wednesday 27 June 2007 12:57:18 Craig Donlon wrote:
> > Hi Bryan:
> > Hope all is well. I have an action form the last GHRSST-PP science Team
> > meeting to request that the CF-1.0 community register several standard
> > names for use with SST data sets as follows:
> >
> > Acronym, Short, long, description
> > SSTfnd, Foundation_Temperature, foundation_sea_surface_temperature,
> > temperature free of diurnal variability
> > SSTz,SST_depth, sea_surface_temperature_at_depth_z, SST at depth z - e.g.
> > reported as SST5m
> > SSTsubskin, Sub-skin_SST, sub-skin_sea_surface_temperature, SST at a depth
> > of 1-1.5mm as measured by a microwave radiometer operating in the 6-10GHz
> > frequency
> > SSTskin, skin_layer_SST, skin_layer_sea_surface_temperature, SST at a depth
> > of 10-20um as measureed by an infrared radiometer operating in the
> > 3.5-13umfrequency
> > SSTint,interface_SST, interface_sea_surface_temperature,theoretical SST at
> > the exact air sea interface that cannot be measured using currnt technology
> >
> > Can you help me through the process of formal registration please?
> > Take care and all the best,
> > Craig

> Cliquez sur l'url suivante
>https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/4UeSVZO9Q+nLQ9rKKm7tG8j+wVX3BmO!7BRH!wCecGGP3x04c8I28w6NNoV+xCGeBAvWzPnvaDWR42NTaRWO9PJjfyGsKtEIg89s!3Pp7QtBWw2xhnsswhV8f8KagJUH!K862J1NJdGCYv3c5ntRf00r!63nQoD39A+IZt4stbRt71D1bwslRcZTqG1vOVZU2T9G3yE1Cq!xuzEXFdZeeSl1jpaPNlJ6
>
> si ce message est ind?sirable (pourriel).

Olivier Lauret

CLS Space Oceanography Division
Data Information and Diffusion
8-10 rue Hermes,