⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] proposed rules for changes to CF conventions

From: taylor13 at llnl.gov <taylor13>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2007 11:34:52 -0700

Dear Jonathan,

You wrote:

> Thanks for your comments. I append a revised version, accepting Karl's
> suggestions, except I think all members must vote in a near-consensus
> decision.

I agree that all members *should* vote in this case, but if all
members but one votes, and the voting members all agree, then the
nonvoting member won't make a difference either way. Also if only two
members vote and they are against adoption, then again it doesn't
matter if anyone else votes.

Is it really necessary to insist that everyone vote?

cheers,
Karl