⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Proposed cell_methods method

From: mcginnis at ucar.edu <mcginnis>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 16:20:58 -0600

It looks like a case where you apply one of the transformational rules:

RULE: change_over_time_in_X

UNITS: [X]

MEANING: change in a quantity X over a time-interval, which should
be defined by the bounds of the time coordinate.

(From "Guidelines for Construction of CF Standard Names, at:
http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-standard-names/guidelines )

So the standard name would be "change_over_time_in_air_pressure", I
think, with an associated timebnds variable as described in section 7.1.

--Seth

----
Seth McGinnis
Associate Scientist