⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] new standard names proposal for CEOP-II model ouput

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:20:57 +0100

Dear Takuya and Alison

> > volume_fraction_of_condensed_water_in_soil_pore, Soil wetness, 1
> defined as
> > the volume ratio of soil condensed water (liquid and ice) to porosity
> of
> > the soil.

We currently have a standard name of volume_fraction_of_water_in_soil. I
suppose the water must be "in" the pores, so I wonder whether we could have
volume_fraction_of_condensed_water_in_soil for your purpose? But is this
really different from volume_fraction_of_water_in_soil? The difference
between condensed_water and water is water vapour. Do you specifically mean
to exclude water vapour in the soil?