⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] some concerns about the "ensemble axis" proposal

From: Bryan Lawrence <b.n.lawrence>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2007 17:35:20 +0000

Steve

I'm obviously not getting my main point across. Fine: build an
aggregation server, it serves up what? A file? A sequence of files? I
think the former? So regardless of what you did server side, as a client
I'm going to get a file, and it may well have aggregated a number of
ensemble members. I want that file to be CF compliant!

So imagine Thredds serves me a temperature field for timestep 0 from ten
ensemble members, which are from a multi-model ensemble - but
fortunately they're on the same grid. How do we represent that? CF ought
to be able to do that!

Bryan