⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF, probalistic forecasts, multi-level std names, and threads

From: Nan Galbraith <ngalbraith>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:01:34 -0500

Hi All -

Steve Hankin wrote:

> Generalizing from this discussion ...
>
> Where do we stand on the larger question of multi-level approach to
> standard naming? ... Disclaimer: As per usual, I confess to jumping
> into the conversation without a full and thorough reread of the
> entire thread and its antecedents. I hope you'll be forgiving. :-[

It can be difficult to keep up with all the discussion threads, and the
problem is compounded when we generalize from the initial subject,
although, looking back, I'm not sure this thread was ever about
forecasts per se ...

I'm interested in the "multi-level approach to standard naming" but
might easily have missed this thread, since probalistic forecasts are pretty
far from my area of expertise.

Wish there was a way to sort through the material in the archives and
detect the range of subjects covered in each thread - but I don't think
even our new ticket system will do that.

Cheers - Nan

* Nan Galbraith            Upper Ocean Processes Group       *
* Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution Woods Hole, MA 02540  *
* http://uop.whoi.edu      (508) 289-2444                    *