⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Getting back to ensembles

From: Francisco Doblas-Reyes <Francisco.Doblas-Reyes>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 13:20:20 +0000

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the comments.

I remember the discussion on the need to flagging provisional files.
However, we haven't advertised this server for official dissemination,
so I didn't think the flagging was necessary at this stage. We use the
OPeNDAP server only for testing (for instance, to check which software
is able to access, read and display 5-dim fields from an aggregated
server). That is also the reason why I decided to keep the
standard_names of the variables not yet included in the list, so as to
have examples with all the required elements.

Paco

Kettleborough, Jamie wrote:
> Hello Paco,
>
> thanks for giving us sight of these - do you care that they are not,
> strictly speaking, CF compliant as they use standard_names (like source,
> etc) that are not yet in the standard_name list? Should the
> standard_names just be dropped for now and rely on the long_names?
>
> Though I think this is all tied up with process (apologies for mixing
> threads). If we are going to have 'test files' and test implementations
> don't we need some way of flagging the bits in the files that are
> provisional or being tested?
>
> Jamie

Francisco J. Doblas-Reyes
European Centre for Medium-Range