⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] attributes for min/max data values for visualization

From: Jon Blower <jdb>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 19:12:30 +0000

Thanks Bryan - but surely a viz tool should highlight over/undershoots
to prompt the user to choose a better scale? E.g. we colour
over/undershoots in black to show "data out of colour range". Maybe
not all tools do this (in fact I know they don't - I've seen some that
colour out-of-range values in the same colour as the min/max values,
which seems odd to me).

But yes, the actual min-max would be very useful indeed - it would
then be easy to get the min-max for a collection of data files too.
Is there a standard CF attribute for this?

Thanks also Roy for sharing what you do in BODC - very helpful.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all!

Jon