⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] Standard names - Ensembles

From: Kettleborough, Jamie <jamie.kettleborough>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 12:58:30 +0000

On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 03:17 +0000, Pamment, JA (Alison) wrote:

> Given the direction that the discussion has taken since the initial
> proposals were made on 15th October 2006 I will now close "ensembles"
> as a standard names issue. The names will _not_ be added to the
> table. However, ensembles will most definitely remain open as a CF1.0
> conventions issue.

Hello Alison,

so where does this leave us with support for ensembles? I think I read
your statement above to say we will follow Bryan's suggestion (or
another that doesn't use standard names) - but I could have got this
wrong.

Do we have sufficient agreement to add a new CF attribute
'standard_metadata' to a (provisional?) version of the standard? Or do
we want to look for some other way of supporting labelling of the
ensemble dimension?

Jamie