⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] curvilinear cartesian coordinates case

From: Jonathan Gregory <j.m.gregory>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 12:44:11 +0000

Dear Bert

If the horizontal coordinate system is really not georeferenced because it
doesn't refer to any approximation of real-world geography, I would agree that
we should not insist on lat and lon auxiliary coordinates. The reason for the
requirement in real-world cases is interoperability, as I'm sure you
appreciate; we want lat and lon to be included so that the data can be located
without the application having to be able to reverse the grid mapping.