⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] axis attribute

From: Bob Drach <drach>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 12:45:25 -0800

CDAT uses the axis attribute to identify the spatio-temporal type of
axis. (Since the axis attribute is optional, CDAT also checks the
units). My interpretation of the standard is that, if the axis is a
longitude, then axis="X" is appropriate, and this applies to
auxiliary longitude coordinate axes as well as 1-D lon(lon)
coordinate variables. However, it would not apply to
projection_x_coordinate, if I understand that attribute correctly.

Bob