⇐ ⇒

[CF-metadata] CF provisional standards

From: Bryan Lawrence <b.n.lawrence>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 14:28:36 +0000

> ... However, conventions were devised so the metadata could be written,
> because people thought it worthwhile to record it.

:-) but this is my last point about a one hundred paragraph document. By
all means record metadata, and document how you've done so, but until a
number of folk have done so, and seen the utility of it, it's not a
convention ... (let alone a standard) ... although the utility of
discussing best practise it in the CF context is undoubted, and will
help one do it, but nothing has been lost in this case if the CF
community moves on and decides it is better done another way!

Maybe we should wait until the other hemisphere wakes up and see if
we're alone in this argument :-) :-) :-)

Cheers